Certain weather conditions may result in ÉTS closing the campus, suspending or postponing courses and teaching activities.
Suspension of courses and teaching activities
If ÉTS decides to suspend all activities, this information will be communicated to the community following the schedule listed below, to the extent possible:
- In the case of suspension of morning activities, the decision will be posted before 6:00 a.m.;
- In the case of suspension of afternoon activities, the decision will be posted before 10:00 a.m.;
- In the case of suspension of evening activities, the decision will be posted before 3:00 p.m.
If no notice is issued, you should assume that all activities will be held as scheduled.
Criteria for suspending courses and teaching activities
ÉTS will make its decisions based on safety criteria, relying on information issued by the competent authorities, and taking into account the following information:
- Weather conditions and forecasts issued by Environment Canada;
- Difficulties experienced by the relevant transit authorities in terms of providing proper service;
- Road conditions as determined by Transports Québec and the relevant police forces;
- On campus: The condition of parking lots, streets and entrances to the various buildings, as determined by building and security personnel;
- The logistics associated with postponing courses and activities, especially with respect to the availability of rooms.
ÉTS may decide to hold its activities as scheduled, even if some parts of the road network are affected by harsh weather conditions. Each individual is responsible for ensuring their own personal safety.
Note to employees: The suspension of courses and teaching activities does not necessarily mean that ÉTS is closed. You are responsible for contacting your immediate supervisor in order to validate your presence at work.
Rescheduling of exams
If an exceptional situation makes it impossible to hold an exam, it will be postponed to a later date. Rescheduled exam dates will be announced to students via the MonÉTS portal or by the professor.