What are you looking for?
51 Résultats pour : « Portes ouvertes »

L'ÉTS vous donne rendez-vous à sa journée portes ouvertes qui aura lieu sur son campus à l'automne et à l'hiver : Samedi 18 novembre 2023 Samedi 17 février 2024 Le dépôt de votre demande d'admission à un programme de baccalauréat ou au cheminement universitaire en technologie sera gratuit si vous étudiez ou détenez un diplôme collégial d'un établissement québécois.

Intelligent and Autonomous Systems

Automation used to be the ultimate innovation in industry, but automated systems still relied on human intervention for configuration and supervision. In addition, it was sometimes difficult to get these systems to work in new contexts. Introducing intelligence into the machines that make up these autonomous systems enables them to maintain performance and the precision of operations they require, because they can detect, plan and act on their own, even in a changing environment.

Applications are wide-ranging: autonomous transportation, computer-aided diagnosis, financial technologies, collaborative robotics, etc. These fields require both high-performance AI algorithms that can adapt to unpredictable situations and systems that can “sense” their environment and act upon it.

State-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure

Acting as a veritable virtually scalable factory model, this infrastructure connects the digital systems of partner educational institutions (ÉTS, UQAM, Polytechnique Montréal, Concordia University, Université Laval and Université de Sherbrooke, Cégep de Sherbrooke and John Abbott College) to the supply chain of a dozen Canadian manufacturing companies. This project makes it possible for a company to experimentally validate its various digital transformation strategies in a live environment. The technologies that are designed here incorporate cloud computing, artificial intelligence, robotics, human- machine interfaces and manufacturing through recycling.

    Chairs and research units related to intelligent and autonomous systems

    Ilian Bonev ets

    80% of industrial robots perform simple tasks. We focus on the remaining 20% required to perform very complex and advanced tasks.

    — Ilian Bonev : Aiming to give robots the intelligence needed to perform complex tasks

    Industrial robots are very precise and fast, but not intelligent. In practical terms, we don’t modify the robot, we don’t improve it, we analyze it and then add systems and artificial intelligence to it. Everything is done from a computer, and that produces more efficient robots for the market.