If you see a fire, your first reflex is to exit the premises.
If you see flames or smoke
- Assist anyone who is in immediate danger, as long as doing so does not represent a risk to your life;
- Exit the premises;
- Close all doors behind you to hinder the spreading of the fire;
- Activate the fire alarm (fire alarm stations are located near emergency exits);
- Call 911 once you are at a safe location;
- Do not go back inside the premises for any reason.
If you hear a fire alarm go off
- Remain calm;
- Move directly to the nearest emergency exit and leave the building;
- Do not use the elevators;
- Do not make a detour to collect your personal effects;
- Go directly to the assigned meeting point for your building;
- Do not go back inside the building for any reason.
- Refer to the Evacuation procedure to ascertain the meeting points
Returning to the building
- Authorization to return to the building will be communicated at the meeting point.