Exemptions from additional tuition fees
The Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur grants exemption quotas to universities, allowing them to grant students holding a student visa exemptions from additional tuition fees.
The allocation of these exemptions, on the basis of the ÉTS quota, is under the jurisdiction of the Dean of Studies. A competition takes place each semester and the exemption is granted for that same semester. The program eligibility does not guarantee an exemption.
Students whose country has signed a cooperation and bilateral agreement with the Quebec governement must apply for an exemption though this agreement and send a proof of their application and, if available, a copy of the answer received. Consult the list of signatory countries.
AT THE TIME OF THE CONTEST:
- Be registered full-time (9-15 credits) in a Master’s with research program : no out-of-program course credits are allowed in these credits, except for the French courses;
- Hold a minimum cumulative average of 3.8/4.3 in the program of study covered by the application;
- Not have exceeded 4 semesters in the program of studies covered by the request;
- Must have no Failures (Échec) on his/her record;
- May not hold (for the referenced semester) an exemption bursary (from his country or other body);
- Must not have received 3 exemptions in the Master’s (MEES exemptions granted to universities).
- The cumulative average at the closing date of the competition;
- Must not have unpaid tuition fees for semesters prior to that of the competition.
Documents to submit electronically:
- Application form (available starting May 3, 2023)
PDF documents to send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Students whose country has signed a cooperation and bilateral agreement with the Quebec governement must send a proof they have applied to the exemption offered through this program and, if available, a copy of the answer received.
Next competition: Summer 2023
Write to Info Bourses.