Rio Tinto Scholarships
Scholarships for students whose research topic touches on one of Rio Tinto’s fields of activities:
- Aluminium metallurgy
- Electrolysis of molten salts
- Science of environment
- Analytical technologies
- Modelling and control systems
- Data Science
Amount and duration
- Master’s or doctorate: $18,000 for one year
- Be accepted or enrolled full-time in the 1st year of a master's (with thesis or 15-credit project) or in the 1st or 2nd year of a doctorate program;
- Never have received an award in this competition.
- An internal selection process will determine which candidates will be recommended to the Rio Tinto selection committee;
- After evaluation of the candidates by the Rio Tinto committee, each of the participating universities (including ÉTS) could benefit from a scholarship.
The application dossier, including all the required documents, must be emailed in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. It must include the following elements:
- Proof of enrollment or acceptance from where the candidate is in graduate studies;
- Description of the research project which gives the name of the thesis supervisor, including timelines (maximum of four pages, double-spaced);
- Official transcripts for all university studies;
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or researchers, including the thesis supervisor (if applicable), who followed the student’s progress in the course of his university studies;
- Up-to-date CV.
Master's Degree with Thesis
June 21, 2023
Write to Info Bourses