Funded by donors to the ÉTS Development Fund, these scholarships are intended to encourage ÉTS’s Bachelor’s graduates to pursue full-time PhD or Master’s studies (with research) at the school and enable them to devote themselves fully to the studies.
To apply for a scholarship under this competition, you must have a research project and a thesis supervisor. See these Tips to find a research project as well as a thesis supervisor.
Plan to submit an application one year in advance. The 2023-2024 competition is for students who wish to obtain financing beginning summer 2023, fall 2023 or winter 2024.
Amount and duration
- Master’s: $20,000 / year (2 years)
- Doctorate: $20,000 / year (3 years)
- In certain circumstances, the duration of the award could be adjusted
- The thesis supervisor participates in financing the award;
- If a recipient also holds a fellowship of $10,000 or more, obtained through a selection process, the amount of the excellence award will be reduced by half during the sessions where the other award is in force.
- Be enrolled in an ÉTS bachelor’s program or hold a Bachelor’s degree from ÉTS, and be planning to enrol full-time in a Master’s program with thesis or a Doctorate program;
- Holder of a Bachelor's degree from ÉTS and have begun the first semester of the program of studies related to this bursary application (see note);
- In all cases, must have a cumulative average of at least 3.7/4.3 at the bachelor’s level for the master scholarship and at least 3.7/4.3 (or equivalent) at the master’s level for the doctoral scholarship..
Exceptionally, holders of a Bachelor's degree from ÉTS who have begun the 2nd semester in he program of studies related to this bursary application may submit an application but must provide a reason as to why they did not apply in the previous session. The selection committee will decide whether or not to accept their application.
- Academic excellence (Master’s 55% / Doctorate 45%);
- Research skills and potential (Master’s 35%, Doctorate 45%);
- Communication and leadership skills (5%);
- Recommendation letters (5%).
All candidates will receive an answer in March.
Documents to submit electronically:
PDF documents to send by email to email@example.com:
- Transcripts of marks for all university studies (other than at ÉTS);
- Two signed letters of recommendation on official letterhead (sent by the respondents to the Dean’s Office). It is strongly suggested that one of the recommendations be from the thesis supervisor;
- Form - Financial commitment of the Supervisor and the Co-Supervisor of the thesis (available in January on the intranet). The supervisor must send the form to the Dean’s Office.
Master's Degree with ThesisDoctorate
Canadian citizenPermanent residentInternational student
Next competition: Winter 2023