Funded by donors to the ÉTS Development Fund, these scholarships are intended to encourage ÉTS’s Bachelor’s graduates to pursue full-time PhD or Master’s studies (with research) at the school and enable them to devote themselves fully to the studies.
To apply for a scholarship under this competition, you must have a research project and a thesis supervisor. See these Tips to find a research project as well as a thesis supervisor.
Plan to submit an application one year in advance. The current competition is open to students who wish to obtain financing beginning summer 2019, fall 2019 or winter 2020.
Amount and duration
- Master’s: $20,000 / year (2 years)
- Doctorate: $20,000 / year (3 years)
- In certain circumstances, the duration of the award could be adjusted
- The thesis supervisor participates in financing the award;
- If a recipient also holds a fellowship of $10,000 or more, obtained through a selection process, the amount of the excellence award will be reduced by half during the sessions where the other award is in force.
- Be enrolled in an ÉTS bachelor’s program or hold a Bachelor’s degree from ÉTS, and be planning to enrol in a Master’s program with thesis or a Doctorate program;
- Candidates who have begun a program of studies related to this bursary application are also eligible (see note);
- Must have a cumulative average of at least 3.7/4.3 at the bachelor’s and the master’s level.
- Students who proceed directly from a Master’s into a Doctorate, or who plan to do so during the year, should contact the Dean of Studies Office (A-1700) about specific requirements.
Students who have begun their 1st or 2nd semester may submit an application. Those who are in the 2nd semester must provide a reason as to why they did not apply in the previous session. The selection committee will decide whether or not to accept their application.
- Academic excellence (Master’s 55% / Doctorate 45%);
- Research skills and potential (Master’s 35%, Doctorate 45%);
- Communication and leadership skills (5%);
- Recommendation letters (5%).
All candidates will receive an answer in March.
Documents to submit electronically:
PDF documents to send by email to the = Dean of Studies Office:
- Transcripts of marks for all university studies (other than at ÉTS);
- Two signed letters of recommendation on official letterhead (sent by the respondents to the Dean’s Office). It is strongly suggested that one of the recommendations be from the thesis supervisor;
- Form - Financial commitment of the Supervisor and the Co-Supervisor of the thesis (available on the intranet). The supervisor must send the form to the Dean’s Office.
BachelorMaster's Degree with ThesisDoctorat
Canadian citizenPermanent residentInternational students