Do Research Abroad
Are you a graduate student? How would you like to establish a network of contacts abroad and develop your intercultural skills by visiting another country and carrying out a research project? You might even be eligible for a grant!
|In light of the uncertainties related to COVID-19, ÉTS has postponed all outgoing mobility stays for the Winter and Summer 2021 semesters. For more information on ÉTS’ directives and procedures related to COVID-19.|
What are the Admission Criteria?
To be eligible for a research project abroad, you must:
- Be enrolled full-time at ÉTS in a master's or doctoral program;
- Have earned 9 credits in your program of studies before your departure;
- Have an average of 3.0 or more;
- Have at least 9 credits of research to earn during your time abroad.
- The research project must last at least 3 weeks and no longer than 8 months.
When Should You Apply?
You must submit your application package at least one month before the departure at the Service des relations internationales (SRI), the office of international relations, room A-3700.
- If you are accepted, you must start your research project between January and December of the following year.
- Any application filed after the deadline date may be taken into account if funds are still available at the time of filing.
Candidates will receive the Selection Committee’s decision within a week after the application has been submitted.