Quantum inspired machine learning and spiking neurons
Applications are invited for a post-doctoral researcher in quantum-inspired machine learning for applications in telecommunications. The candidate will work under the supervision of Prof. Granger and Prof. Selim at the Laboratory of imaging, vision and artificial intelligence (LIVIA), ETS Montréal (University of Québec), and in collaboration with Dr. Sellier at Ericsson Montreal. This funded position is available immediately for two years and offers a competitive salary. It also offers a possibility for collaborations/internships with top research companies and institutions in Montreal and abroad. We are looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral fellow interested in performing cutting-edge research on machine learning algorithms applied to relevant problems issued from the field of telecommunications, with a particular focus on spiking neural networks and supervised learning.
Prospective applicants should have the following profile:
• strong academic record with an outstanding doctorate in computer science,
applied mathematics, applied physics, or electrical engineering, preferably with expertise in one or
more of the following areas: machine learning, training methods, pattern recognition, quantum mechanics, artificial intelligence;
• good applied mathematical and physics background;
• very good knowledge of English
• good programming skills in the C language (C99), with possible knowledge of parallel computing (OpenMP) and deep learning frameworks;
• strong publication record in significant conferences or journals in machine learning or applied physics.
Desired program of studies
Intelligent and Autonomous Systems
2 years, competitive salary.
Starting: As soon as possible
Partners involved : Dr. Sellier at GAIA, Ericsson Montreal
Other professor involved: Bassant Selim, professor, email@example.com