Contact Program for new international students
Who better to help newly arriving students with their social and academic integration than a student who is already used to life at ÉTS?
The purpose of the Contact Program is to match experienced students (student mentors) with newly arriving international students (mentored students). Mentors work in teams of two, and mentor between four and six individuals, thus creating a new ÉTS family!
Make contact with a mentor
If you come from outside of Canada and are beginning your studies at ÉTS, you can contact a mentor even before your first session begins to help facilitate your integration into university life.
Advantages of being mentored:
- Save time: No need to try to figure out how ÉTS works! You will benefit from a wealth of information and get your questions answered. As a result, you can focus your energy on your academic success;
- Make new contacts and relationships based on mutual respect, caring and assistance;
- Share your experience with someone who can build you up and offer tips and advice (academic support and resources, health and wellness, Québec culture and lifestyle, etc.);
- Learn more about the dynamic and welcoming living environment at ÉTS.
Becoming a mentor
If you have been studying at ÉTS for at least one session and you would like to help out someone who has just arrived, has lots of questions and is facing specific challenges or culture shock, become a mentor with the Contact Program!
- Mentoring two or three students per session.
- Working as a team with another mentor to help support students who are beginning their studies at ÉTS.
- Answering questions from mentored students and/or directing them to appropriate resources.
- Completing a short mandatory training session.
- Taking part in a few follow-up activities as a group (during lunch time) to ensure that the Program is functioning properly and to promote the sharing of your experiences.
Advantages of being a mentor:
- Feel useful and create links within the university community.
- Enrich your curriculum vitae or enhance a scholarship application.
- Earn your entitlement to Génie+ designation.