Financial Support Fund
The Financial Support Fund makes one-time bursaries available to students who are experiencing financial difficulties, namely those who are facing a budgetary deficit that prevents them from meeting their basic necessities (and those of any dependent children, as applicable) or who find themselves in a precarious financial position (e.g.: they are not in a position to further reduce their expenses or increase their income or the assistance they receive from their family). The Financial Support Fund is intended to help these students in need in order to avoid interrupting their studies.
If you have any questions concerning the bursaries, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be in a precarious financial position and be unable to meet basic necessities (and those of dependent children, as applicable) or not be in a position to further reduce expenses or increase income;
- Be registered for full-time studies (or considered full-time by way of SFA);
- Have successfully completed a full-time session at ÉTS;
- Be in a position of academic success (minimum 2.0 for undergraduate students and 3.0 for graduate and post-graduate students);
- Have paid all tuition fees for previous sessions;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or international student, and be present on Canadian soil;
- Not be eligible for emergency government benefits;
- Have entered a Social Insurance Number (SIN) in Mon ÉTS and provided a specimen check from a Canadian banking institution;
- Not have received this bursary within the past year or not have already submitted an application with the 4 previous months.
* The maximum total amount of financial support bursaries paid by ÉTS for the 2020-2021 academic year (31/08/2020 to 11/08/2021) is $1,500.
- You must send the duly completed request form along with all requested supporting documents (void cheque and bank account statement).
- Each applicant will meet with personnel from SAÉ (Student Services) to analyze their file (processing may take up to 6 weeks);
- Make sure you have a Social Insurance Number on file in the "Mes renseignements" section of your "My ÉTS" portal.
- Student Services may conduct verifications against the files of the MESS Aide financière aux études (AFE – Student financial assistance) program, and you may be required to submit additional documents to establish your eligibility or your financial situation.
- Check the status of your request form in the "Mes réponses" section after submission.
- A response will be sent to you by e-mail as quickly as possible.
- The Committee’s decision is final.
- It may take between 10 and 15 business days from the day when an eligible request is received for assistance payments to be distributed.
- In order to speed up the distribution of assistance payments by direct deposit, please provide a sample of a personal check (voided) along with your request.