Financial Support and Encouragement of Perseverance bursaries
Created in the fall of 2020, the Financial Support and Encouragement of Perseverance bursaries program has expanded its eligibility criteria in order to allow more students to benefit from financial assistance. New students who are registered for the Winter session now have access to this program, and as the name indicates, it is intended to promote academic perseverance among applicants.
Fall 2021 semester fellows may reapply if they meet the eligibility criteria* (consult the information below). The bursaries are also intended to assist in the acquisition of computer equipment.
If you have any questions concerning the bursaries, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be in a precarious financial position and be unable to meet basic necessities and/or not have the financial capacity to acquire the computer and multimedia equipment required to successfully complete courses that are delivered remotely.
- Be registered as a full-time or part-time student for the Winter 2021 semester.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Have paid all outstanding fees and at least 50% of the tuition fees of the Winter 2021 semester.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or international student and be present in Canada.
- Not be eligible for emergency government benefits. If you are not familiar with these benefits, verify your provincial and federal eligibility before submitting a request for the Financial Support and Encouragement of Perseverance bursary.
- Provide adequate proof that the bursary is essential to the pursuit of your studies.
- Have provided your Social Insurance Number (SIN) on MonÉTS, along with a specimen check from a Canadian banking institution.
- Submit only one request for the Winter 2021 semester. Incomplete and inaccurate requests will be rejected.
* The maximum total amount for the 2020-2021 school year is $1,500.
- You must send the duly completed request form along with all requested supporting documents (void cheque and bank account statement).
- Check the status of your request form in the "Mes réponses" section after submission.
- Make sure you have a Social Insurance Number on file in the "Mes renseignements" section of your "My ÉTS" portal.
- Student Services may conduct verifications against the files of the MESS Aide financière aux études (AFE – Student financial assistance) program, and you may be required to submit additional documents to establish your eligibility or your financial situation.
- A response will be sent to you by e-mail as quickly as possible.
- The Committee’s decision is final.
- It may take between 10 and 15 business days from the day when an eligible request is received for assistance payments to be distributed.
- In order to speed up the distribution of assistance payments by direct deposit, please provide a sample of a personal check (voided) along with your request.