I witnessed a situation
Firstly, take what you heard or saw seriously.
- Do not minimize or ridicule the facts.
- Offer assistance. Verify whether the person wishes to accept your assistance, and be sure your intervention does not exacerbate the situation.
- Let the person know that they do not have to put up with that type of behaviour. Remind them that ÉTS has a policy respecting harassment.
- Encourage the person to contact the BPR or to speak to someone in authority in whom they trust.
- Offer to accompany the person to the BPR.
As a witness, you can consult with the BPR for confidential advice.