The "Programs" team at the Dean of Studies Office is responsible for assisting the teaching staff, the program committees, the departments, the Directorate and its various bodies by providing support related to the creation, periodic evaluation, modification and management of programs, and to the interpretation and revision of regulations respecting these activities.
Quality of training is crucial in terms of the academic success of students and the reputation and scope of influence of ÉTS. In light of this, the “Programs” team focuses their efforts on the creation of new and relevant study programs and the continuous improvement of existing programs.
Development of programs
- Cheminement du dossier d’un nouveau programme conduisant à un grade (Application process for a new degree program – PDF, in French)
- Procédurier pour proposer un nouveau programme (Procedural requirements for proposing a new program – PDF, in French)
- Constitution d’un dossier de nouveau programme (Preparing the file for a new program – PDF, in French)
- Exemples de consultations auprès des étudiants, diplômés et industriels (Examples of consultations with students, graduates and industry – Intranet, in French)
- Avant-projet du nouveau programme (Preliminary design of a new program – Intranet, in French)
- Projet de création d’un programme de grade (Start-up project for a degree program – Intranet, in French)
Continuous improvement of undergraduate programs
The seven Bachelor of Engineering programs at ÉTS are subject to a continuous improvement process based on an evaluation of the qualities required of graduates with a view to identifying improvements that must be made to the programs.
The Bachelor of Engineering programs at ÉTS are accredited by Engineers Canada through the organization’s Accreditation Board (CEAB).
Periodic evaluation of programs
At ÉTS, one of our objectives is to provide programs that meet the highest quality standards and reflect the current and future needs of industry. The periodic evaluation of programs is one of the preferred methods for helping us to meet this objective.
The periodic evaluation comprises five steps: self-evaluation, appraisal by external experts, the final report from an institutional committee, decision-making and follow-up, and finally, dissemination of the results. The Dean of Studies Office provides guidance for those involved in the periodic evaluation process, and makes a number of tools available to them to facilitate their task.
- Politique institutionnelle d’évaluation périodique des programmes de tous les cycles de l’ÉTS (CA‑357-4121, June 3, 2019 - Institutional policy respecting periodic evaluation of programs for all study levels at ÉTS – in French)
- Policy of Quebec Universities for the Periodic Evaluation of Current Academic Programmes (CREPUQ, September 28, 2000)
- Guide for the Application of CREPUQ Policy Related to the Periodic Evaluation of Current Programmes (CREPUQ, May 2004)
- Diagramme simplifié du processus d’évaluation périodique d'un programme d'études (Simplified flow chart of the periodic evaluation process – PDF, in French, Intranet)
- Échéancier du processus d'évaluation périodique – Aide-mémoire (Simplified schedule of the periodic evaluation process - Checklist – PDF, in French, Intranet)
- Detailed schedule (to come)
- Self-evaluation guide (to come)
- Trousse pour l'évaluation des programmes de formation UQ v.5.0 (Program evaluation kit UQ v. 5.0 – PDF, in French, Intranet)
- Gabarit de rapport d’autoévaluation (Self-evaluation report template – in French, Intranet)
- Summary of periodic evaluation files (to come)
Summary of periodic evaluation files
- Certificate in quality management and assurance (4412), Certificate in industrial production (4329), Short Program in continuous improvement (0495), Short Program in productivity optimization (0496) and Short Program in industrial management (0497) (in French)
- Certificate and Short Program in telecommunications (4288 and 0489) (in French)
Modification of programs
- Formulaire de modification de programme et de cours (Modification of program and course form – PDF, French)
- Projet de résolution d’assemblée départementale (Draft resolution for departmental meeting – PDF, in French)