How to receive alerts
Whenever there is an emergency situation or a serious unexpected event on campus, all members of the ÉTS community will be advised via their ÉTS e-mail and/or mobile device.
Via the Rave Guardian application on your mobile device
- Download the free Rave Guardian application from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Enter your phone number. You will receive an authentication code;
- Type the authentication code you received;
- Enter your ÉTS e-mail address to confirm your identity.
On your smart phone (SMS)
- Go to www.getrave.ca/login/etsmtl;
- Sign in using your ÉTS e-mail address and password;
- Enter your telephone number.
By e-mail (automatic, no registration required)
In case of an alert, you will receive a message in your ÉTS e-mail inbox.
By Rave Notifier (automatic, no registration required)
If you use an ÉTS computer, it is possible that a message will be automatically displayed on your screen in the case of an alert.
The Rave Guardian application offers a number of other functionalities to enhance the safety of members of our community:
- Virtual Escort when travelling: Use the security timer to set an arrival time, and the person you have selected will be advised when you reach your destination. See how to activate the Virtual Escort function (PDF).
- The Text function, which allows you to communicate with a member of the Bureau de la prévention et de la sécurité (BPS) to report a security issue on campus.