Undergraduate Student Research Awards
These awards are destined for bachelor’s students who wish to undertake a research internship in the university milieu (STAXXX) in the Winter 2024 semester.
- Before beginning the application, the student must have an internship supervisor.
- These awards do not apply to STA805 internships.
Considering the limited number of scholarships available, it is recommended you apply before the deadline, even for Fall and Winter. Should there be remaining scholarships, another selection will take place in Fall.
Note that the quota allocation does not apply to Black or Indigenous student researchers.
Amount and duration
$6,000 from NSERC plus a minimal contribution of $3,000 from the research supervisor.
16 consecutive full-time weeks
- Be registered in a bachelor's program when applying
- Must hold a GPA of at least B- (2,7 / 4.3)
- For other conditions, see NSERC web site
Documents to be submitted electronically to NSERC:
- Form 202 (Parts I and II)
The candidate must fill in Part l of form 202 in the NSERC on-line system and attach an official transcript. The research supervisor fills in Part II of the form. The supervisor submits the application to NSERC.
November 1st, 2023
Contact Ninon Leduc in the Dean of Studies Office (A-1700)