Multiband Signal of Opportunity for Universal Software-Defined Avionic Receiver (SDAR)
The Ph.D. student will work on the NSERC Discovery Grant Program entitled Universal Software Defined Avionic Receiver (SDAR) for Robust and Resilient Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT).
The objectives of this Ph.D. research include:
- Investigate information fusion techniques for the Universal SDAR with multiband SoOP (DME, TMS, 5G, ADS-B),
- Multiband SoOP avionic spectrum management and signal processing using Direct RF Sampling (DRFS),
- Development of various distributed fusion algorithms for robust and resilient PNT solution,
- Re-configurability analysis of the universal SDAR,
- Validation of proposed algorithms in both simulations and real environment (PicoDigitizer).
The candidate must demonstrate:
- Excellent background knowledge in aerospace engineering or signal processing field
- Excellent motivation
- Good research record and/or good academic curriculum
- Ability to work well
- Excellent programming knowledge