SDE880A Machine learning techniques for the analysis of biomedical signals
Course offered in the Fall 2022 session as part of Sujets spéciaux en génie des systèmes.
This course aims to teach students the proper design and validation of machine learning and deep learning algorithms for biomedical signal analysis and processing.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the nature of biomedical signals and the information they contain.
- Appropriately process biomedical signals for the application of machine learning;
- Determine the differences between machine learning and deep learning algorithms and select the appropriate algorithm for each specific application;
- Design machine learning and deep learning algorithms, validate their performance precisely and tune their hyperparameters;
- Apply various statistical analyses to evaluate the results.