Compliance of Research Using Hazardous Biological Substances
Are you involved in research work requiring the use of hazardous biological substances? Did you know that you must obtain certificates of compliance, not only from ÉTS, but also from all the institutions with which you are working, before beginning the work?
The Certificate of Compliance: To whom does this apply?
- Manipulation of human or animal tissues, including biological fluids, cells and cell cultures;
- Manipulation of DNA molecules produced by recombination;
- Import and manipulation of organisms (bacteria, fungi, viruses, parasites, etc.), their toxins or any material containing these organisms (e.g. cell cultures, fabrics, diagnostic specimens);
- Manipulation of prions;
- Import, manufacture and handling of new substances (animate biotechnology products);
- Manipulation of any other product for which it has been demonstrated, or there are grounds to believe, that it causes disease in humans or animals or that it can harm the environment.
ÉTS does not have the containment infrastructure required for the use of hazardous biological substances for research purposes. Consequently, the use of hazardous biological substances is prohibited at ÉTS.