Software Systems, Multimedia and Cybersecurity
Digital tools, and software applications in particular, are omnipresent in our lives. Progress in this area is producing an ever-increasing range of solutions, from monitoring equipment and connected objects to interacting with machines or other humans, and even data processing and storage. With software applications having become so indispensable, it is critical that they are increasingly reliable and secure.
Their carbon footprint is also significant, so their durability must be improved. To achieve this, our research teams are working to improve the quality, security and reliability of software applications while reducing their environmental footprint. In the areas of software engineering and information technology engineering, our teams have a reputation for implementing systems designed to create digital and interactive environments.
Cyber-physical systems for distributed digital intelligence
The research conducted by the Distributed Digital Intelligence Network (ÉTS, Université de Sherbrooke, McGill University, Concordia University and Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières) focuses on edge computing as an alternative to the current centralized model of artificial intelligence. The leading-edge infrastructure deployed by ÉTS since 2021 supports the design of embedded sensors, notably through the technology of printed and flexible electronics, edge data processing, communication technology and low-latency information transfer.
Chairs and research units related to software systems, multimedia and cybersecurity
- Canada Research Chair in Spatiotemporal Encryption of Terahertz Light Assisted by Computational Method
- Canada Research Chair on Next-Generation Internet of Things (Next-Gen IoT) Networks
- ÉTS-EERS Industrial Research Chair in In-Ear Technologies
- Ultra TCS Industrial Research Chair on Intelligent Tactical Wireless Networks for Challenging Environments
- Matrox Imaging Industrial Research Chair in Computer Vision for Industrial Applications
- Olympus Industrial Chair on Ultrasonics Nondestructive Testing
- Summit Tech Industrial Research Chair on interactive and immersive video
- Kaloom-Telus Industrial Research Chair on an Engineering Approch to DevOps in the Context of Software Defined Systems
- GRANIT – Research Group on Numerical Applications in Engineering and Technology
- IMAGIN LAB – Laboratory of Innovation and Engineering Systems for Automation and Digitalisation
- MULTIMEDIA LAB
- LATIS – Biomedical Information Processing Laboratory
- LCSec – Laboratory on Cybersecurity
- LIVE – Interventional Imaging Laboratory
- LIVIA – Imaging, Vision and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
- SYNCHROMÉDIA – Laboratory for Multimedia Communication in Telepresence
Digital transformation has highlighted a growing need for business agility in reviewing and adapting processes to meet new demands. What used to take weeks of staff time now only takes minutes, freeing up humans to focus on creative or value-added tasks.