COVID-19: Montréal at red alert level
ÉTS announces its directivesMonday, September 28, 2020
Updated September 30, 2020
The Québec government announced on Monday that the Greater Montréal Area (GMA) has moved from "Level 3 - Alert (orange)" to "Level 4 - Maximum Alert (red)".
To begin with, it is important to understand that the Direction de la santé publique (Public health authority) has recognized the ÉTS campus as a safe and exemplary place for work and study, and ÉTS would like to thank the entire university community for its efforts in this area. In view of the progression in the alert level, ÉTS will increase the level of surveillance applied by the Prevention and Safety Office (PSO) to ensure that health directives are respected. ÉTS will not tolerate any negligence or behaviour that poses a danger to its community.
Updated directives for the ÉTS campus, effective immediately: :
- The campus remains open.
- Academic and research activities will continue in accordance with their current mode (in person, remotely or hybrid mode).
- All employees whose tasks can be performed remotely will continue to telework.
- Employees whose tasks cannot be performed remotely will continue to work on campus.
- The following services will be maintained or suspended, in accordance with government recommendations:
- The library is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on weekends from 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The cafeteria is open Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The dining room at the 100 génies pub will be closed as of Thursday, October 1st, but the restaurant will offer a take-out service Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Student club rooms will remain open.
- ÉTS formation is open, and will continue its in-class and online training sessions.
- The Sports Centre is open.
- University residences remain open, subject to the protocol and health measures in effect for ÉTS residences.
These new directives will remain in effect until further notice.
ÉTS is monitoring the situation closely, and further information and directives may follow.
Consult the COVID-19: Information and procedures webpage for more information.All the news