COVID-19: October 5 announcement from MES
New directives in effect on the ÉTS campusMonday, October 5, 2020
Pursuant to the announcements from the Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur (MES) on Monday afternoon (in French), ÉTS is enhancing measures on its campus and implementing new directives.
In addition, at the time of the September 28, 2020 announcement of the move to the red alert level, ÉTS was preparing for the deployment of its emergency plan, as requested by Minister McCann this afternoon. This plan includes the following measures.
Updated directives for the ÉTS campus, effective immediately:
- The campus remains open, but it is important to understand that the circulation of staff members and the student population on campus will be limited.
- Academic and research activities will continue in accordance with their current mode, with the exception of courses being delivered in hybrid mode, which will now be delivered only remotely.
- All employees whose tasks can be performed remotely will continue to telework.
- Employees whose tasks cannot be performed remotely will continue to work on campus.
- The following services will be maintained or suspended, in accordance with government recommendations:
- The library remains open.
- The cafeteria remains open.
- The Sports Centre will be closed as of October 8.
- Student club rooms will be closed as of October 8.
- ÉTS formation is open, but will only offer online training.
- University residences remain open, subject to the protocol and health measures in effect for ÉTS residences. This protocol specifically prohibits outside visitors in ÉTS residences.
- Meetings, group work sessions and all social activities are now prohibited on the ÉTS campus.
These new directives will remain in effect until further notice.
ÉTS is monitoring the situation closely, and further information and directives may follow.
We would like to remind you to consult the COVID-19: Information and procedures page for more information, especially with respect to psychological assistance and support available for students and employees (in French).All the news