From the smallest devices and circuits to the most complex land and satellite communication and navigation systems, LaCIME covers a broad range of captivating fields of research. It brings together an internationally renowned group of researchers, supported by a team of students, interns and professionals, who operate cutting-edge tools to conduct innovative and highly translational research projects.
The synergy and diversity among its members and the complementarity of their expertise make LaCIME a truly unique laboratory and a preferred industrial partner. Thanks to its singular attributes, LaCIME represents a dynamic setting in which the transdisciplinary knowledge of its members contributes to the development of new, innovative and highly performing systemic approaches. This enables LaCIME to provide students and researchers with an extremely stimulating environment where the next generation of engineers receives training to meet the needs of industry with advanced skills in the analog, digital and mixed domains.
- To promote both fundamental and applied research leading to the development of innovative solutions.
- To prioritize interactions with industry that offer the potential for technology transfer.
- To promote collaborations with other universities.
- To contribute to the training of a highly specialized labour force that is capable of meeting both current and future challenges.
Areas of expertise
LaCIME focuses on six areas of expertise, from materials to communication protocols:
- Functional materials
- Micro- and nanofabrication processes
- Conception and design of integrated circuits
- Design and fabrication of hybrid components
- Photonic and electronic microsystems
- Signal processing and communication
Do you have a background in electrical, physical, photonic, chemical, mechanical or software engineering and an interest in joining our lab? LaCIME is a growing laboratory that is always on the lookout for promising graduate and post-graduate students.
Feel free to contact a member of our team, and enclose the following:
- A cover letter describing how your research interests and experience line up with LaCIME’s objectives;
- Your CV;
- Two references;
- Your transcripts.
LaCIME subscribes to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). We invite applications from all qualified individuals who are interested in contributing to the diversity of our laboratory.