Skip to main content

Host scholarships for the Ukrainian and Russian student community

This program is intended for Ukrainian (in priority) and Russian students who wish to undertake a graduate program or a research internship at a university located in Quebec. 

Master's and Doctorate scholarships are offered in collaboration with the host institutions. 75% of the scholarship is financed by the FRQ. The remaining 25% will be assumed by the professor who will be supervising the applicant's research. Financing is also available for a research internship.

Amount and duration

Master : $17 500 annually (2 years)

Doctorate : $21 000 annually (3 years)

Eligibility criteria

Consult the FRQ web site for eligibility criteria. 

Selection criteria

The Dean of Studies Office will be recommending eligible candidacies to the FRQ. 

Documents required

The application file must be presented (in a single pdf document) by the professor who will be supervising the student.

The file must contain, in the given order: 

  • Application form duly completed by the student (available in the intranet);
  • Copy of the passport;
  • Copy of the visa or proof it has been requested;
  • Director's financial commitment form (available in the intranet)

Complete application file to be transmitted to the Dean of Studies Office at

Study program Master's Degree with Thesis
Legal status International student

At all times.

For more information

Write to Info Bourses