Financial support for the dissemination and promotion of research work
Financial support for the dissemination and promotion of research work by PhD and Master’s students (with thesis) at conferences and symposia recognized in their field.
You must obtain the approval of your thesis supervisor before submitting an application, because there is a limit of three awards per supervisor for the 2022-2023 academic year (summer, fall and winter). The director must contribute a minimum of 15% of the budgeted expenses.
Amount and duration
- Up to $1,000 depending on the financial needs demonstrated on the form.
- Be registered full-time (including a maximum of 3 out-of-program credits) in a master's (with thesis) or PhD program at the time of application AND during the presentation;
- Must not be in an extension period;
- Have a cumulative average of at least 3.2/4.3 In the current program of studies;
- Be the first author of the communication which is the subject of the application;
- The communication must focus on the master’s (thesis) research or doctoral (thesis) research as identified on the Research Subject Idenfication Form of the candidate. The communication must arise from the research work carried out during the course of the actual study program.
- The description of the application (rationale, objectives);
- Quality of the application (writing and respect of the instructions).
Documents to submit electronically:
- Application form (available during the application period)
PDF document to send by email to email@example.com:
- Proof of submission of the communication
- For events that take place in Montréal, only the registration fees will be eligible;
- On his return, the student must provide proof of participation or stay, otherwise a refund will be required. The required proof will be indicated in the granting e-mail;
- A student can receive only one award per academic year (summer, fall, winter).
Application period: from September 6, 2022 until depletion of funds for presentations that will take place no later than January 31, 2023. CLOSED - funds depleted
Applications are processed as soon as the dossier is complete on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Application and required proof must be submitted prior to the congress or conference.
The next application period will open January 5, 2023 for presentations that will take place no later than May 31, 2023.
Write to Info Bourses