Follow these instructions if you notice a gas leak or the smell of gas.
Gas smell or leak
- Avoid producing any flame or spark. Do not activate any piece of equipment, including light switches or cellular phones. Static electricity can cause a spark;
- Leave the area (e.g.: laboratory, kitchen in the cafeteria, etc.);
- In case of emergency, contact Security at extension 55 (internal telephone system) using a phone located in another area;
- Do not activate the fire alarm (red station).
Do not touch anything
- If any equipment is on, leave it on;
- If any equipment is off, leave it off.
If evacuation is required, Security will advise you.
- Remain calm;
- Move directly to the nearest emergency exit and leave the building;
- Do not use the elevators;
- Do not make a detour to collect your personal effects;
- Go directly to the assigned meeting point for your building;
- Do not go back inside the building for any reason.