Infrastructure and Built Environments: Helping the Construction Industry Modernize its Practices
ÉTS researchers are helping the construction industry modernize its practices by incorporating advanced technologies and smart processes. They’re also trying to improve the lifespan of construction works by designing geophysical technologies that will improve our knowledge of the soil and its interactions with existing infrastructure. And they’re doing all this using environmentally sound practices.
Primary Areas of ÉTS Research in Infrastructure and Built Environments
Five strategic directions are at the forefront at ÉTS:
- Put leading edge technologies to use in construction methods.
- Develop smart processes for construction management.
- Develop approaches and techniques to improve the lifespan of existing construction works.
- Contribute to improving risk management in both urban and rural contexts.
- Participate in the development of sustainable and resilient cities.