Energy: ÉTS Reseachers Contribute to Technological Advance in the Efficiency and Quality of Energy
There are many ways to contribute to technological advances in the efficiency and quality of energy. For ÉTS researchers who devote themselves to the field of energy, it can be the design of intelligent networks or energy storage systems, developing innovative alternative solutions to fossil energies, or using renewable energy to produce electricity.
Directions in Energy Research
More than 15 ÉTS researchers and a large number of masters and PhD students devote themselves to the energy sector. Their work focuses on three main themes:
- Power electronics and energy efficiency and quality;
- Renewable energy and the storage and management of energy;
- Production, transport and distribution of electrical energy.
Laboratories and Research Chairs in the Energy Sector
- Canada Research Chair in Electrical Energy Conversion and Power Electronics
- ÉTS Research Chair on Electricity Network Security
- Chaire de recherche industrielle Siemens sur l'intégration des technologies - industries 4.0.