These programs are directed at foreign students (with study visa or work permit) who wish to undertake or continue their studies or research activities in Québec. Submitting an application is made on the recommendation of an ÉTS faculty member. Recommendations must be received no later than August 9, 2018, at 1 p.m.
Plan to submit an application one year in advance.
The current competition is open to students who wish to obtain financing beginning summer 2019, fall 2019 or winter 2020.
Amount and duration
- Doctorate: $25,000 / year (max. 3 years);
- Master’s - short-term research or professional development abroad: $3,000 / month (max. 4 months). The candidate must not be registered at ÉTS at the time of application.
- Must not be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- Must not have made an application for permanent residence under Canadian immigration law;
- Must be recommended by a professor (thesis supervisor) or supervisor for short-term stays;
- See Additional eligibility criteria.
- 1st step: The thesis supervisor must send the recommendation form (see your supervisor) to the Dean of Studies Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2nd step: The Dean of Studies Office will contact the recommended candidate to inform him/her of the procedure to follow for filing the application dossier.
Master's Degree with ProjectMaster's Degree with ThesisDoctorat
The deadline for the submission of the application will be sent, with the procedure to follow, to the recommended candidates.
For more information
An internal selection process will determine which candidates will be recommended to the FRQNT selection committee. The shortlisted candidates will then be invited by FRQNT to submit an application for a scholarship.