This scholarship program was established to recruit and keep in the country the best doctoral students in the world by offering them scholarships of considerable financial value. If the university for doctoral studies is ÉTS, the nomination is made on the recommendation of an ÉTS professor.
Plan to submit an application one year in advance.
The current competition is open to students who wish to obtain financing beginning summer 2020, fall 2020 and winter 2021.
Amount and duration
- Doctorate: $50,000 / year (max. 3 years)
- Have obtained, in each of last two years of studies, a cumulative average of 3.7/4.3 or A- (full-time equivalent);
- Consult the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships web page for other special conditions of eligibility;
- In addition, if the university chosen for the doctorate is ÉTS, the candidate must be recommended by an ÉTS professor thesis supervisor.
- An internal selection process will determine which candidates will be recommended to the Vanier CGS program.
- It is the university that submits recommended applications to the Vanier CGS program (via ResearchNet).
- Step 1: It is ÉTS that initiates the nomination process by soliciting its faculty members to recommend candidates;
- Step 2: The professor (thesis supervisor) must send a recommendation form to the Dean of Studies Office no later than September 6, 2019 EXTENDED until September 27, 2019;
- Step 3: The Dean’s Office contacts the recommended candidate to fill in a request via the ResearchNet system.
Canadian citizenPermanent residentInternational students
The deadline for submission of the application will be sent, with the procedure to follow, to the recommended candidates.