These programs are directed at foreign students (with study visa or work permit) who wish to undertake or continue their studies or research activities in Québec. Submitting an applicationis made on the recommendation of an ÉTS faculty member. Recommendations must be received no later than August 2, 2019, at 3 pm.
Plan to submit an application one year in advance:
The current competition is open to students who wish to obtain financing beginning summer 2020, fall 2020 or winter 2021.
Amount and duration
- Doctorate: $25,000/year (max. 3 years)
- Short-term research project or professional development (open to master’s students): $3,000/month (max. 4 months). At the time of the filing an application, the candidate must not be enrolled at ETS.
- Must not be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- Must not have made an application for permanent residence under Canadian immigration law;
- Must be recommended by a professor (thesis supervisor) or supervisor for the scholarships.
Consult the FRQNT website for details on the selection criteria.
- An internal selection process will determine which candidates will be recommended to the FRQNT selection committee;
- The shortlisted candidates will then be invited by FRQNT to submit an application for a scholarship.
PhD and short-term stays:
- 1st step: The thesis supervisor must send the recommendation form (available in the Intranet) to the Dean of Studies Office at email@example.com.
- 2nd step: The Dean of Studies Office will contact the recommended candidate to inform him/her of the procedure to follow for filing the application dossier.
Master's Degree with ThesisDoctorat
Next competition: Summer 2019. The deadline for the submission of the application will be sent, with the procedure to follow, to the recommended candidates.