If someone’s life is in danger, call 911
If the person is conscious, ask him or her:
- His or her name
- Details about the incident
- Details about his or her wounds
- Questions about his or her allergies and health problems
- Contact Security at extension 55 (internal telephone system).
- Do not hang up until the dispatcher tells you to do so.
- If you have first aid training, give first aid.
- Ask those who are present to find a first aid worker on the floor.
- Stay on site to assist first aid workers and give them information about the victim.
- Ask people on site to help you as you wait for help.
- Keep people away from the victim to keep the area clear and make first aid workers’ job easier.
- Don’t move the victim unless the situation presents a danger to him or her.
- Don’t give the victim anything to eat or drink, even if he or she asks for it.
- If possible, stay in contact with Security.
- If the victim’s state deteriorates, inform Security.