- Wait until Security orders evacuation. Security officers must inspect evacuation routes to ensure that there is no danger (suspicious packages).
- Stay calm.
- Dress according to the outdoor temperature, but don’t make a detour to get clothing (for example, don’t go to your locker).
- Evacuate the area via the closest emergency stairwell. Don’t take the elevator.
- Keep a safe distance from the building.
- Go to the meeting point.
- Do not go back inside for any reason.
Returning to the building
- You can return to the building as soon as Security announces that it is safe to do so.
- This authorization will be announced over a megaphone at the meeting point.
- The Dow Planetarium parking lot, at the corner of Peel and Notre Dame streets, at the northeastern corner of ÉTS.
- In the wintertime, people who are evacuated will be escorted, as soon as possible, to the hall in Pavilion B and the common areas of the dormitories located at 301 Peel Street and 1045 Ottawa Street.