There are a number of situations that may require the evacuation of a building at ÉTS. Here is the procedure to follow if an emergency measure requires an evacuation.
When you hear the fire alarm or when Security orders an evacuation
- Remain calm;
- Move directly to the nearest emergency exit and leave the building;
- Do not use the elevators;
- Do not make a detour to collect your personal effects;
- Go directly to the assigned meeting point for your building;
- Do not go back inside the building for any reason.
Ensure that the emergency exit is safe before using it. If it is not safe, use a different emergency exit
- Use the back of your hand to determine whether the door is hot;
- Verify whether there is smoke present;
- Verify whether there is a suspicious odour (natural gas).
Return to the building
- Authorization to return to the building will be communicated at the meeting point.
1) Place des réflexions (corner of Peel and Notre-Dame):
- Pavilion A (1100 rue Notre-Dame Ouest)
- Pavilion B (1111 rue Notre-Dame Ouest)
- Pavilion Centech Montfort (400 rue Montfort)
- Pavilion Centech Saint-Jacques (1000 rue Saint-Jacques)
2) Interior courtyard of student residences, Phase 4 (355 rue de la Montagne):
- Maison des étudiants or Pavilion E (1220 rue Notre-Dame Ouest)
- Pavilion D (1219 rue William)
- Student residences, Phase 3 (425 rue de la Montagne)
3) Parking area behind Carrefour d’innovation INGO (on rue William):
- Carrefour d’innovation INGO (355 rue Peel)
- Centre de technologie thermique CTT (1050 rue William)
- AÉROÉTS (323 rue Peel)
4) Sidewalk across the street from student residences, Phase 1 (across from 311-301 rue Peel):
- Student residences, Phase 1 (311-301 rue Peel)
- Student residences, Phase 2 (1055-1045 rue Ottawa)
5) Sidewalk across the street from student residences, Phase 4 (across from 355 rue de la Montagne):
- Student residences, Phase 4 (355 rue de la Montagne)