When an electrical outage occurs.
- Remain calm.
- Stay at your work station.
- If you are in a dark area, slowly make your way to a place that is well-lit until the situation returns to normal.
- Find people who may be in spaces without windows: washrooms, storages areas, etc.
- Make sure that the outage does not affect your area.
- Ask the person in charge of your group to contact Security at extension 55 (internal phone system).
- Stop any dangerous activity (for example, handling chemical products).
- Put away dangerous products.
- Turn off all sources of heat and burners.
- Listen to instructions announced over the loudspeakers.
There may be a delay between the beginning of the outage and emergency systems being activated.
- Wait for instructions from Security.
- Following an evacuation order, take the stairs. Elevators should only be used for emergencies and for people with reduced mobility.
- When an evacuation occurs following an electricity outage, people leave school for the rest of the day. They should not go to the meeting point.
- If the outage is of a longer duration, you can obtain information on the ÉTS Web site or by listening to its greeting message at 514-396-8800.
End of the outage
- Wait for instructions before entering the building.