- Get down: As soon as you feel the first tremors, your first reflex should be to crouch down on the floor to avoid falling.
- Seek shelter: As soon as you have crouched down, locate and move to a place where you can shelter yourself, such as underneath your desk or work table.
- Hang on: As soon as you are under your shelter, hang on tightly to the desk or table and remain there until the earthquake is over.
- Once the tremors have ended, remain under your shelter.
- Security will make an announcement by voice message that is appropriate for your area.
When should you evacuate?
- When a fire has been declared near you.
- When Security has ordered you to evacuate.
How should you evacuate the building?
- Do not use elevators.
- Follow the directions given by Security through the voice messaging system.
- Security may indicate emergency exits for you to use.
- Once you have exited the building, look around carefully to avoid objects that could fall on you.
- Go to the meeting point in the parking lot of the old Planetarium, at the corner of Peel and Notre Dame Streets.