If people are stuck inside
- Don’t try to save them by opening the door.
- Reassure them. Let them know that help is on the way.
- Ask them if anyone is injured or if anyone needs special assistance (for example, people with claustrophobia) and find out how many people are stuck in the elevator.
- Contact Security at extension 55 (internal phone system).
- Stay on site until help arrives. Continue to reassure people.
If a person’s condition worsens, inform Security.
If you can’t reach Security, dial 911.