If the bomb threat is made by phone:
- Don’t hang up.
- Let the caller hang up first.
- Try to get as much information as possible.
- Get the person to repeat him- or herself, or pretend you can’t hear to buy time.
- Pay special attention to the following elements:
- Accent, language spoken
- Tone of voice (high or low)
- Speech rhythm and emotions (angry, calm, agitated)
- Background noises
- Depending on the situation and what is possible, try to obtain the following information:
- The time at which the bomb will go off
- The type of bomb
- The people being targeted and the reason
- The location of the bomb
- The name and number on the phone’s Caller ID
- Contact Security at extension 55 (internal phone system) to alert them to the situation and share relevant information.
- Security may then ask you to come to the Security Operations Centre, located at the entrance of Pavilion A.
- Wait until Security orders evacuation. Security officers must inspect evacuation routes to ensure that there is no danger (suspicious packages).
- Stay calm.
- Dress according to the outdoor temperature, but don’t make a detour to get clothing (for example, don’t go to your locker).
- Evacuate the area via the closest emergency staircase. Don’t take the elevator.
- Keep a safe distance from the building.
- Go to the designated meeting point.
- Do not go back inside for any reason.
Returning to the building
- You can return to the building as soon as Security announces that it is safe to do so.
- This authorization will be announced over a megaphone at the meeting point.