Threat delivered by phone
- Do not try to end the call, allow the caller to hang up first;
- Attempt to obtain as much information as possible;
- Have the caller repeat the message on the pretext of having difficulty hearing properly, with a view to gaining more time;
- Pay particular attention to the following elements:
- Tone of voice (high or low);
- Pace of speech and emotions (angry, calm, agitated);
- Background noise.
- Try to obtain the following information:
- The time when the bomb is expected to explode;
- The type of bomb;
- Targets (group, individual);
- The location of the bomb;
- The name and number that appears on the phone screen;
- Contact Security at extension 55 or by calling 514 396-8800, extension 55 to report the situation and convey all relevant information.
Threat delivered by another method
(e.g.: paper found on site, information received by e‑mail or posted on social media)
- Contact Security immediately;
- Save the proof and send it to Security as quickly as possible;
- Follow instructions given by Security.
- Wait until Security orders an evacuation. See the evacuation procedure.
Returning to the building
- Authorization to return to the building will be communicated at the meeting point.